Clinton College, later known as Clinton High School, was established in 1873 under auspices of West Union Baptist Association. First building was erected on the site where our current Hickman County Elementary School stands. Rev. Willis White pioneered educational work in Hickman County and led the movement to secure a college charter. Under leadership of Prof. T.N. Wells and Miss Amanda Hicks, Clinton College contributed immensely to the Purchase area. It was closed in 1913, but was later used for Clinton High School from 1918 to 1935.